We're celebrating Father's during this challenge as "Father's Day" is right around the corner! We'd love for you to help us honor Dad's during our challenge. Join us at CardzTV and enter your Dad cards!
*Note-* There is a challenge prize for the winner chosen by random.org; an awesome set of stamps by Cardz TV!
Here is my design:
I'm excited to share my card with you. My teens plan on using this card for my husband (shh!). I hope to make two more for my dad and grandfather too!
We all know guy cards can be harder to sit down and make then others. This idea is from one of my older stamping catalogs. I didn't have all the tools they suggested to make it with, but I improvised and was able to do it. I worked and came up with the right size of banners for the bow ties, when I put them together I cut a small piece off the end right before applying the button.
I also don't have a tool guide to do paper piecing so again I improvised. I asked my husband to purchase a foam piece for me. He came home with a foam rug and cut into a smaller piece (I had told him mouse pads are expensive). It worked out wonderful and I was able to space it with my ruler perfectly, I don't think I will buy anything else (i.e- the tools).
I finished the card off with applying my sentiment "Happy Father's Day" on the banner. We can't wait to give him our card!!
I used the "You're the Man" stamp set from Cardz TV.
Recipe:
Stamp & Sentiment: Happy Father's Day
Paper: DCVW and Recollections
Accessories: Stampin' Up ink, Buttons from stash




Very cute card. I love the ties you picked and papers. The buttons are a beautiful touch as well. Your hubby will definitely love it!
ReplyDeleteYour card is so awesome what a super great clever and creative job!! Your story is so sweet and what a great guy your hubby is I loved that you shared. Girl you really did one outstanding job and am in awe that you used banner cuts to make your bow ties just a genius idea. You really and truly are one clever and oh so talented gal. YOU ROCK....
ReplyDeleteLove the stamp set you used too!!
Gorgeous card!! Love the buttons!! Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteGerda
What a wonderful card!!! Love all of the ties and all of the things you improvised on!!! :)
ReplyDeleteSo super cute, I'm sure he is gonna love it!!
ReplyDeleteLove the buttons and ties, great idea. I also love that paper stack :-)
ReplyDeleteLinda ☺
Crafting With Nana
I love the bow ties and buttons in the middle! Very nice!!
ReplyDeleteBeth, your bow tie card is SUPER cute!! Thank you for sharing your time and wonderful talent with the Cardz TV Design Team!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Mary
How cute and fun! I bet your hubby loved it!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Lena
Lena’s Creations